BRAND NEW TOUR FOR ALL KLM CREWS
The Roots is a brand new eco-resort at Perak at the base of the Kinta Hills, on the backbone of Peninsula Malaysia. Situated among fruit orchards on the shores of the Kinta River.
Click here for more information [ PDF-file ]
THE TREE TOP SUITES:
The Roots features Tree-Top Suites built in traditional Malay style. The suites are elevated on stilts in the same way as local tribal houses and are constructed with bamboo and other locally sources materials.
Situated right next to the river, the suites have a peaceful atmosphere with fantastic balcony views.
The rooms are constructed around the trees, so the branches become a unique feature of the interior.
Arranged amongst fruit trees, these traditional style suites have stunning balcony views of the surrounding mountain range.
PLACES TO VISIT:
Gua Tempurung is a massive limestone cave near Gopeng in Perak. The name Gua Tempurung literally means “Cave of the Coconut Shell”. Its of the most extensive caves systems in peninsula Malaysia. The length of the cave is about one kilometer and can be covered within one and half hours return journey. A subterranean river runs along the cave presenting a unique challenge to adventurous spelunkers.
THE WHITE WATER RAFTING:
The most popular adrenaline pumping fun is white water rafting. The scenic waterway is created by the merging of three rivers. Rated as a Grade I to III river it offers a great combination of water ranging from gentle flows to challenging and technical whitewater.
EXPLORER PACKAGE - 2 DAYS /1 NITE AT "THE ROOTS"
- 0730 hrs Pick up from hotel in KL and depart to Ipoh, Perak – journey takes about 2 ˝ hours
- 0930 hrs Arrive at Gua Tempurung Cave – Safety briefing by guide
- 1200 hrs End of exploration. Lunch
- 1300 hrs After lunch proceed for White Water Rating
- 1330 hrs Arrive starting point. Put on white water rafting equipment, safety briefing will be given by guide
- 1345 hrs Rafting commences covering the distance of 7km with 9 big rapids along the way. Rafting journey takes about 1 ˝ - 2 hrs
- 1530 hrs Arrive ending point, wash up then proceed to “The Resort”
- 1600 hrs Check into resort – free at leisure
- 1900 hrs Dinner at the resort - Overnight
- 0830 hrs Breakfast at hotel
- 0930 hrs After breakfast check out
- 1030 hrs Visit the Chinese Cave Temple
- 1230 hrs Depart to Kuala Lumpur
TOUR INCLUSIVE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- 1 night accommodation at Tree House or Orchard Villa (rooms are subject to availability)
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner
- Visit the limestone Cave at Gua Tempurung & White Water Rafting with packed lunch
- Visit the Chinese Cave Temple
- Services of registered English speaking guide
- Return transportation by private vehicle
DEPARTURE TIME: 7.30 am
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
Wear comfortable shoes / Camera / Drinking Water / Mosquito Repellent
COST PER PAX : MINIMUM 2 PAX