SRI MAHA MARIAMMAN TEMPLE TOUR & EXPLANATION | [ PDF - file ]
We are a small group of Registered Tour Guides who conduct short tours at Sri Maha Mariamman Temple from 10.30 am till 11.30am (1 hr) with an insight into the structure, rituals and background.
In this tour we will give cover the following:
1) Why seven copper domes are placed at the top of a temple
2) Why shoes are removed before entering a temple
3) Why Hindus step onto the temple grounds with their right leg
4) Why worshippers wash their legs
5) Why coconuts are broken at the temple
6) Why ladies wear a red dot on their foreheads
7) Why Hindus put white ash on their foreheads
8) Why Hindus pray to many gods
9) Why do Hindus pray to the 9 planets
10) Why was this temple built in the heart of Chinatown
11) What does a temple mean to Hindus
12) Why do Hindus burn candles for deities
We charge RM10.00 that will go towards our Tree Planting Project in Kuala Kangsar, The Royal Town of Perak.
Come meet us at the temple along Jalan Tun H S Lee, 50000 Kuala Lumpur.
Please be at the temple by 10.20 am
Tour starts : 10.30 am
Duration : 1 hour
Price : RM10.00 per person
FOR RESERVATIONS PLEASE CONTACT MR. K. S. VIJI at 019-5080 739 or 014-6030 289